In this modern world, many advanced technologies and equipment have been established by which construction, renovation and refurbishment have become very easy. Drill bits are one of the modern equipment which are very beneficial for contractors, decorators, and engineers. Drill bits are usually used to make holes in metals, hardboards, glasses and many other materials.
There are many uses and varieties of drill bits. For more information go to the page here.
Types of drill bits
- Brad point bits – Brad point bits are commonly known as dowel bits. These bits are generally used to make holes in materials which are made up of wood. They are characterized by a small point at a tip. Brad point bits can be used for drilling for all kinds of wood whether it is heartwood, sap wood or dry wood.
- Auger drill bits – These drills are generally used for producing large and deep holes. These bits are made up of high quality steel and with resharpenable cutting edges.
- Metal drill bits – These bits are mostly used for drilling metals, but can be used for drilling plastic and wood too. Metal drill bits are made up of top quality metal and may contain cobalt and titanium coating. These bits are known as the fastest bits and can be characterized by its black color.
- Masonry drill bits – As the name indicates ‘masonry’ which means stone work, these bits are used for cutting and drilling many masonry surfaces. Different types of materials have been used in manufacturing of masonry drill bits like carbon steel, cobalt steel and solid carbide.
- Tile and glass bits – These bits are used for drilling in tiles and glasses. These bits are usually made up of steel but the tip of these bits contains tungsten carbide coating which helps in penetrating the tile or piece of glass.
There are many other drill bits like counter sink bits, screw driver bits, square drive bits, etc. which will help in enhancing your construction work. These drill bits are available in many online and offline stores at an affordable price.
Benefits of using drill bits
- Saves times – By the invention of drill bits, drilling and cutting of any material has become very easy. As compared to conventional method of making holes and cutting, drill bits save huge amount of time and are very easy to install.
- Used in various materials – Drill bits can be used for drilling and cutting in many types of materials like glass, wood, tiles, and other heavy duty materials.
- Accurate and clean drilling – As we compare drill bits with conventional methods of drilling, drill bits provide more accurate, precise and clean cutting and drilling of materials.